Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

this week is a good week

It is rainy and cool here today. A big sigh of relief, finally. Maybe I should kick myself for that one, but seriously- it's been super hot here lately. With no AC. Many of the busses here do not have AC. A lot of the stores do not have AC. Our apartment does not have AC. And it's been so hot. It's been great, but also a bit exhausting- constantly sweating.
Yesterday was our first day back in town. G had to go to work and I played the part of yuppy housewife. I ran a bajillion errands and met my friend Jenny for coffee and the best gelato in town.
The heat continued well into the night and G woke up in the morning and opened our back patio door to let some cool air in. Our bedroom window only opens a bit (out of safety) but right now I feel like safety can take a backseat- I want cool air!
Thankfully it has been raining. So the air feels a bit more breathable.

My BFF leaves for Sweden tomorrow. She leaves pretty early in the morning and then arrives here (on Thursday) even earlier in the morning! I can't wait. She is here for two weeks and a lot of the trip is already planned to the very last second- I feel like we need more time to do everything!
I am absolutely thrilled- it will be so so so good to see not only my friend but someone from my home.

But now I have a list a mile long of things I want to do before she arrives and sine the rain has let up- it's time to wash those windows!

No comments:

Post a Comment