Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

more summer

Sunday was the 4th of July and that evening we were invited to 4th of July BBQ. It is my second 4th here in Sweden and it was good to celebrate. Lately I've found myself pretty homesick for Texas. The weather has been so hot and so sunny here that super strong feelings of nostalgia keep hitting me like a tidal wave. 
So on the 4th we ate barbecue, the best chiptole sauce I've ever had, potato salad, homemade beer, and of course: watermelon.
 


We also found a secret smultron bush and G went crazy. He picked as many as he could find and strung them on a long piece of grass. He said it was in his Swedish nature.

















My 4th of July fashion was an old t-shirt from the 1980s with a semi-truck on it and a pair of denim cutoffs. 





















A few days after the 4th, we took a small mini-vacation up to Småland where G's cousins rented a summer cabin. You guys, I stayed in a real log cabin. I mean, it was a deluxe log cabin with a jacuzzi tub and actual floors (not dirt floors) but it was pretty legit.





















Better yet, we had a great view. There was a bright blue pool, a lake (that looks faraway but was right down the hill). Off to the left was the wood fired hot tub (which we didn't use because it was too windy and bit a too cold). The landscaping was impeccable and right next to the woods.
And in the woods there were:
Blueberries! Just barely ripe and still a bit sour. But blueberries they were. And we picked as many as our hands could hold.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I thought of you when I was cutting up the jeans to make shorts.

    ReplyDelete