Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

new apartment photos: bedroom

The bedroom is really the living room. Or the living room is the bedroom room. Regardless, it's one big space with no privacy so it's important the two areas are separate but work together.

























We originally were going to build a wall between the couch and the bed but it's not practical for our long term plan or even our short term plan so we're nixing the wall. We could put up curtains but we'd need a way to install them from one wall to the other and that requires a SUPER long curtain rod. We don't really mind the bedroom being in the living room, it's open and full of light and we can watch TV from bed! The only time it's really annoying is the early mornings when G is getting ready for work and I'm still asleep but nowadays it's so light in the mornings that I wake up more from that than from him.
The bedding and bed frame go really well with the rest of the room and we kept the bed area simple. You don't really notice it when you're sitting on the couch.























The bedside table is IKEA, the water pitcher was a gift, the little basket was a gift too. The lights on either side were Christmas gifts from my sister-in-law. We got our bed off blocket.se for a low, low price. It's a really nice, 180 cm Duxiana bed that had never been used before (I think it's from the black market!), it came with the cherry wood bed frame. We have a love/hate relationship with the bed frame but it's the only one we have so we're keeping it until further notice. The bedding is from Ellos, I really like the grey but I think I might switch back to white or cream later this year.























We keep a few trinkets (as my grandmother would say) behind the bed. In the frame is a dictionary cut out of the definition of love, G gave it to me when I graduated college. The black and white photo is of my parents when they were young, it's a hilarious photo with a man dressed as a pirate in the background. The card with the people dancing is one I gave to G for Valentine's Day and the candleholder is G's from before.






































This dresser is at the foot of the bed. It holds my socks, tights, and leggings, jewelry, scarfs, and mittens. G's mom gave it to us. The print is G's, can you see the hidden face? On the dresser is a silver bowl from my grandmother, vintage book cards from my grandmother, two thrifted votives, and the letter H is from my mom.

So there you have it, our "bedroom." We just need some curtains for when summer comes and it's perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment