Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2010

apartments and photos

Yesterday we cleaned our apartment really, really well. We were supposed to have someone over to look at it because we're thinking of trading our firsthand contact for another's. Through a website called Lägenhetes Byte you can do a direct trade or a triangle trade for apartments all over Sweden.
One of the most coveted things you can have in Sweden is a firsthand contract for an apartment, especially in the bigger cities: Stockholm, Göteberg, and Malmö. It's not easy to come by, I'd imagine it's similar to getting an apartment in New York. You can read about how hard it is to get a first hand contract here - the post discusses apartments in Stockholm but it's pretty similar here in Malmö and from what I can tell, it's getting worse.
Anyways, we were supposed to have someone over who was interested in a trade but at the last the minute she cancelled on us. Since our apartment was really clean we decided to take a few pictures to add to our ad on Lägenhetes Byte. I thought I'd share a few them with you guys. I like our place. A lot. But I'm ready to move. I have a lot of new ideas for our next apartment and I can't wait to have an opportunity to use them.








































































We took these photos around 3:00 in the afternoon. As you can see, it was already pretty dark outside (for 3:00 in the afternoon!) All of our nice looking furniture is either second hand or given to us. Everything else is IKEA.

No comments:

Post a Comment