Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2010

thanksgiving in stockholm recap

We went to Stockholm for Thanksgiving and got back really late last night. We left on Wednesday afternoon to snow falling all over town. I love the first few snows of the season.

We took a train up to Stockholm and there is something so European about traveling by train. The train smelled like a sauna and had free wi-fi.

Stockholm was, as always, busy. I shouldn't be shocked by the amount of people strolling through the city, but I always am. I'm starting to learn my way around and recognize places and streets. I'm falling a bit in love with the city and I'm hoping that one day we might move- there for at least a little while.
All of G's childhood friends live there and there is nothing better than to see them laughing together.

We celebrated Thanksgiving a day after the actual Thanksgiving. Our friends Henrik and Sofia hosted all 12 of us and everyone brought a proper Thanksgiving dish. It was amazing and tasted just like home. I am so grateful (and thankful) to all of our friends in Stockholm who celebrated with us.
It's hard being away from home during the holidays so to be surrounded by friends who are willing to celebrate your holiday with it's crazy foods (sweet potatoes with marshmallows) is really really nice.
Thank you guys.

We came back really late last night. That train ride was a lot less smooth and there was some annoying sound coming from our section of the train for the whole six hours. We watched gruesome episodes of The Walking Dead to drown out the noise.

And now it's the First Advent and the snow is falling slowly outside onto an already winter covered ground. I have exams coming up and need to study, but all I really want to do is just enjoy this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment