Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

it's ok, it really is

I mentioned before that I have this whole week off. It's going surprisingly fast. That might have something to do with the fact that at 4:30 it's pitch black outside so the days feel shorter. Last night G and I came home and fell asleep completely exhausted at 6:00 (we woke up again at 7:00). What did I do yesterday? Not a lot. I went to the center of town and hung out with a friend from class. G worked all day. I have no excuse for falling asleep at 6:00 but I think the darkness has something to do with it.
I was totally dreading winter this summer. Like, to the point where I would shudder in disgust when I thought about it. But truth be told, I don't mind it so much right now. Right now. 
The fact is, I'm not working this fall/winter so I get to enjoy a lot more of my day. I get to experience more of daylight (even if it is grey) and watch the leaves fall. I'm not cooped up in an office watching the daylight go as I answer a phone or stare at a computer screen. It really makes all of a difference.
So far, so good.

Right now I'm planning for American Thanksgiving. I am pretty sure G and I will be going to Stockholm for the holiday and I'm super excited to celebrate with our friends.
This year, back in the States, my family is having a reunion at Thanksgiving which we will be missing out on. I also missed Thanksgiving last year.
Planning it right now makes me feel all kinds of nostalgic for the American holidays. I've already compiled a list of movies we have to watch during Christmas.

Yesterday, I took a picture of the leaves falling. It's really nice this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment