Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

finally, a real summer summer

I've been meaning to post for the past few days. Each time I sit down to write the internet gets extremely slow, so I take it as a sign of fate and just watch soccer instead.
We've been hosting friends for the past few days. It's been a lot of fun but also very tiring! It's also been hot, hot, hot here. Seriously, the weather could not be any better. The sun is out, there are few clouds, the sky is blue, and it's warm. The high is in the 70s. In Texas it is near 100. So I can't complain in any way.

My mother-in-law has a huge garden of flowers and veggies and herbs. My favorite part of the day is watering the plants. I like the smell of water, earth, and green.
















On Midsummer I got to wear my new flowered dress. It was a windy day and the dress was a bit short so I pulled a few Marilyn Monroe's before it chilly enough to put on leggings.

















My husband and I were laying in the grass on day and we noticed that the house was reflected in our wine glasses. The house is a very traditional Swedish styled house but newly built just two years ago.
















And soon these guys will be red! I can't wait for the first strawberries of the season.


No comments:

Post a Comment