Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

the past few days

Eeek.
I have been so behind in blogging. I guess I could blame the amazing weather and books. I've been reading a lot more and the sun has been out as well. So with both of those combined, the computer has taken a backseat in my life. Which is just fine by me, my eyes feel a lot better these days (they were super strained before).
I also finished my Level 3 Swedish course (yay!) and am starting Level 4. Unfortunately, there is a big break in July and August so I need to find a way to continue with Swedish and to keep busy. Well, July is a busy month for us but not so much of August.

Here are the past few days at a glance.

These are the plants that make Canola Oil. Right now there are just fields of yellow, as far as the eye can see. Like oceans. It is my favorite time of year.














This past Sunday we had lunch in the Castle Garden's (sounds fancy, right?!) I was expecting it to be a regular cafe but I was so surprised at the menu! This was one of the best and prettiest meals I have ever had: fried polenta with red onions, figs, and goat cheese.














The Turning Torso is a Malmö landmark. You can see the top of it from almost anywhere in the city (almost). The beach is man made.














We had some fun times at the beach.














I am not really a beach person. But we live pretty close to this one, which is kind of nice in the summer.














The sun sets around 10:00 (or later) right now. It's amazing.

This pier leads to a sauna and when you get too hot- you just jump right into the sea. I am not brave enough for this!















No comments:

Post a Comment