Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

vacationing

Tomorrow we go on vacation! Kind of.
I mean, I've been unemployed for two months now so I have pretty much already been on vacation.
And we are only going about an hour north of us. My in-laws are actually, really going on vacation so we will be house-sitting for them for the next few weeks.
They live in the countryside. And it is amazing. We will spend our days berry-picking, gardening, reading outside, and taking long walks in the forest. I will be commuting back to Malmö each day for the next week to finish Swedish classes for the term. And then, in about three weeks my BFF will be in Sweden visiting us!!! So we have some great summer plans.
And they start tomorrow.
In the countryside you can find things like this wood fired sauna.

























Which has a direct view of the lake. Which brave people jump into during sauna sessions. Myself, I am afraid of eels and fish and water bugs! So I just cool off outside.

























There is also the amazing landscape:

















And this forest:








































And games like boules:

















Friendly cows.

















And really good food, really good snaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment