Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

seasons changing

It's chilly outside. Cold, crisp, perfect fall weather. We've had sunshine too. The leaves are changing. I'm wearing gloves and scarves but not in the frantic way I do in winter but in a much more relaxed way. I love autumn. I've been dreading winter so much I forgot that I love autumn.
We barely get an autumn in Texas. A few short weeks of weather that fluctuates between very hot and lukewarm. But this is truly autumn here in Sweden.

Last night we went to Lund for dinner with friends. They made us chili! It was a great night and a lot of fun. Our friend's couldn't have known that back in the day my mom used to make me chili on the first really cold night of the year. So it was just like this subtle reminder that home was still close even though it was also kind of far away.

Currently, I'm lying in our bed with the big down comforter pulled up around me. We keep our bedroom window cracked a bit so the mid-morning air is around me too. It's cold. But the bed is warm. It was a struggle to get out of bed for coffee and the laptop. But rewarding. This is one of my favorite feelings- lying in the warm bed with the cold air just outside of the protective covers.

I guess right now that I'm happy. We're back into the "groove" of life here and right now it is good. Before we left for New York I was really unhappy. Really, really, really. But right now things are good. I need to figure out how to keep them good. I need to get through the winter. It's never been a problem I had to face in Texas. In fact, it was always a season I looked forward to. But now I shudder. So I need a hobby.
Also, warm boots- what kind of boots would you suggest?

1 comment:

  1. last winter was the worst ever. the ones before last winter was like a colder autumn, it snowed for a couple of days, that was it. i'm thinking of going to gran canaria or something in january or february, just to get a break from everything cold and depressing.

    ReplyDelete