Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas Tour Hemma Hos Oss
























This week has been a pleasant mix between calming and insane. I've had a lot of tests and a lot of school in between relaxing days at home.
I've complained a lot this week. We've been trying for what feels like months now to move and every time we get close to having a deal it suddenly falls apart. I think this is like the fourth time an almost-sure deal hasn't worked out. It's disappointing and frustrating. But persevere we do and persevere we will. And in somewhat good news, we have two maybe-sure deals on apartments and that equals one really sure deal, right? I'll keep you updated.

And in even better news, we finally put up our Christmas tree and the whole apartment feels very cozy. There are two little presents under the tree wrapped in plain, brown paper. We have full bellies, warm radiators, and each other. A lot to be grateful for.
Above is a photo of my Christmas/winter decor for our bedroom. I used a big glass IKEA bowl and filled it with Christmas lights. It has a really nice glow and I'll probably leave it until March. It makes the bedroom feel magical (and bedrooms should feel that way, right?!!)
I'll now take you on a tour of our Christmas decorations. I bet you're excited about that.


Here is our tree. He's cute and a bit scrawny. Thankfully my mom is awesome at decorating trees and I learned a lot from her. Like, put bigger ornaments toward to back to cover up the empty spaces. Thanks, Mom. Last year G and I got in a huge fight about the Christmas lights on tree. When I asked him to buy Christmas lights I assumed he'd buy the normal ones, the ones I'm used to. He bought candle lights, the ones he's used to. It was a silly fight. It's interesting to think about how different (and still so much the same) Christmas is for the both of us. I really like the candle lights now.
Oh, please pretend to not notice our "tree skirt." It's an old sheet. I just hate the bare legged look- not that the sheet is much better.







































This is what you see when you walk into our apartment. A little silver tree! And my collection of old science beakers, a candle, and a necklace.

It wouldn't be Christmas in Sweden without one of these "jul ljusstakar" (Christmas window lights) in our window. Or our glögg cups. I hope you like our view, it's of a parking garage.
Advent candles. It my first time to celebrate Advent. I'm very focused on making sure the candles burn correctly. And our nativity scene! It fits inside a little matchbox, very cute.
Our living room window has a better view (of our garden) than the kitchen but here the blinds are closed. Last year I dipped a bunch of branches in white paint to use for decorating presents. I had some left over so I stuck them in these IKEA vases.

And finally here is an up close of one of my favorite ornaments. A beaded pine cone. Just for a bit of sparkle and pizazz.

Merry Christmas you guys. Remember to be grateful for the small things like warm shoes, chocolatey brownies, and big hugs from those you love. It makes everything else a bit less chaotic and crazy and your creepy apartment feel like a penthouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment