Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

living room inspiration board #1

1. Couch: ours 2. Coffee Table: from Design*Sponge 3. Chandelier: Lindsey Adelman 4. Rug: IKEA Stockholm Rand 5. Shelves: ELFA

This is my first ever "mood board." I read once where someone didn't like the term "mood board" and I'd have to agree. I'll call it an "inspiration board" since all the photos come from the "inspiration folder" on my desktop. As you can see, I'm creative.

These items are what I want for our living room area. We're planning (as it's in the works) to move to a smaller space (fingers crossed) so that's why you only see five items. I have a dining room area planned too and if we do move into the smaller space the areas will be combined. But this is the living room area.
1. This is our couch. You can read about him here.
2. I'm not sure what we'll do for a coffee table. Right now we have a lovely teak table. I have a love/hate relationship with the table. I love the look but I hate how easy it is to ruin. Every time we have guests over I grimace when they don't use a coaster. Teak is such a delicate wood and I really want a table that makes me and our guests comfortable. I like the idea of using an old door (as seen above) or maybe an old shipping crate (but we have plans to use shipping crates for our bed so I don't want to over do it) as a coffee table. I also like the idea of wheels.
3. I love this lamp. Times ten hundred. And I can make it. Go to link above for the DIY instructions.
4. Not 100% sure about this rug. We're trying to move on from IKEA but like any relationship it's well, complicated. I like the rug because it's breaks up all of the brown in our current living room and the pattern is simple and it isn't colorful. But still, not sure. The rug, if we even buy one, will be one of the last things we buy.
5. Right now we have a brown Billy Bookcase and a brown Expedit bookcase. For the past few months we've been talking about building open wall shelves with a desk combined. Easy, simple, a bit pricy, but worth it. We're waiting to see if we'll be moving before making any big decisions.

There. I can't wait to put it all together. One day, one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment