Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

kitchen inspiration board #1

1. Shelves: from Design*Sponge  2. Shelves: from Apartment Therapy 3. Light: IKEA 4. Sheepskin: IKEA 5. Chairs: from here but we have similar ones already 6. Table: Design*Sponge
Here is my idea of a small dream kitchen. Lots of open (organized) shelving with clear glass jars, an industrial lamp, and light colors. In my head this kitchen has room only for a small table and two chairs (don't worry, there's a dining room in this apartment too!) Since it's a tiny kitchen, the cabinet space is limited and should be saved for the ugly things which is why there is floor to ceiling open shelves. I also want to keep the colors light since it's so tiny.
1. I saw these shelves on Design*Sponge and loved the idea of them. Since we bought our pressure cooker we've been collecting a lot of dry beans and placing them in pretty glass jars.
2. Same idea as #1 but with some of the cookware included.
3. Both G and I love this lamp from IKEA. I think it'd look nice and strong in a kitchen. Does that make sense, having a strong kitchen?
4. I should've placed the chairs before the sheepskin because they are meant to cover to the chairs and to make them comfortable but still add texture and warmth.
5. We have chairs that are similar to these (these being replicas of the Bertoia Wire chair) except ours aren't even name brand replicas. They are just wire chairs that we use as patio chairs. I like them and think they'd look great with a sheepskin.
6. I included this table not because it's my dream table but because I think it's smart. The top is made from plywood that was sanded and stained. It's a reminder that even the most basic materials can be made functional. And since we have student's budgets I like the idea of DIYing a table out of plywood and some old desk legs (we just happen to have a pair that would love to be a part of a table!).

So there it is, my small dreamy kitchen. It has a great view too.

No comments:

Post a Comment