Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

sthlm apt: bedroom inspiration


Now to the bedroom! I want to keep the bedroom as simple as possible. Actually, that’s the goal for the whole apartment since it’s so tiny. Simple with good, clean storage. Lots of bright whites, smoky blacks, creamy tans, and a few pops of bold reds, blues, and yellows. But the bedroom will probably stay neutral.
This is the realtor’s photo, using a wide angle. But we have nice light in here and a lovely view of woods behind us. It’s taken from the doorway and to the right are two tall and fairly deep closets. 
This is our view. Isn’t it lovely?
The closets. We’re going to tear down the divider between them and make them one big closet. They’re fairly tall so that’s good for linens and towels. I’ll paint the shelves and floors white.
We’ll use our bed and bed frame (which is cherry wood) but I’ll switch the dark grey linens for white.
Here’s the inspiration:
1 and 2. Once again, I’m sorry- I forgot where they are from. I’m much better at sourcing inspiration images now but in the beginning I never thought I’d be putting them online. Let me know if you know where they are from.
I love the white linens in both! I like the contrast of image 1 (a bit too dark for Swedish winter) and the brightness of image 2.
3. I’ve been wanting this IKEA rug for awhile now. I think it’ll be perfect to break up the wood from the floor and from the bed.
4. We’re going to need two bedside dressers with drawers (extra storage). I know the industrial look is tired, but I don’t want to use anything wood color. I guess we could paint something black or white?
5. We already have this light from IKEA. Yay. 
I think we’ll be able to fit a dresser in the bedroom too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment