Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

sthlm apt: living room inspiration


The living room will be the easiest room to decorate. We already have a great living room set up and plan on using the exact same furniture we have now. The only changes will be adding a smaller dining room table and (finally) dining room chairs. I’m guessing we’ll eventually add an arm chair and somehow figure out how to put lighting in above the dining room table…? The electric is all wonky and old in the apartment, so it’ll be interesting.
Two windows! 
View towards the office and hallway. I’m thinking a small dining nook can go right next to the office door. Probably one those expandable IKEA tables…?
This is our current living room. I like it! 
We’ll use the shelves again. Probably a different ceiling light though. Who knows.
And now for the inspiration!
1. I love, love, love this photo I found over at Emma’s DesignBlogg. I think we can create a similar look using like colors. In fact, all we really need is a green arm chair like this one.
2. I think this Kubus is the perfect statement piece. Time to save my monies. I love it.
3. We’ve had Eames chairs on our wishlist for months now. I’m not sure if we’ll go with replicas (because we’re cheap like that and we have to save up for a new kitchen) or the real thing. We’ve always wanted white but I’m a bit partial to the black as well.  Photo from here.
4. We have to downsize our dining table. A round one would be nice and it expands. It’s IKEA.
5. I’m Texan. I love all things Texan. I love this armadillo times a million. It reminds me of Texas and my dad and the time I was in an armadillo race (you blow on their tails to make them run… what? I grew up in the country!)
So there you have it, the living room and all it’s inspired glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment