Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

sthlm apt: entryway inspiration

I thought I'd share some inspiration for the new place. We'll start with the entry way.


This is our entry way. To the left is the door to enter the apartment. The door you see straight ahead is the bathroom door. The open door to the right is the kitchen. And the gold knob leads to a small closet. This photo is taken from the bedroom.
The photo above is from the realtor. The photo below is me struggling with the white balance. But here you can see our front door and some awesome electrical stuff…? and a shelf. I think this is where we will hang coats and winter gear.
And here is the closet. It has a small cupboard above it too. I guess we’ll use this for extra coats and boots and maybe cleaning supplies? I have no idea. I’ll be painting those shelves white though.
It’s a small space so it has to be efficient. It’ll need:
  • doormat
  • shoe storage
  • coat storage
  • hat storage
  • mirror
  • key and mail storage
 I’d like to use some of the stuff we already have. We already have a nice doormat (IKEA) and a good entryway mirror (thrifted). 
So here is my inspiration board for the entry way. 
1. A stool is always good for tying shoes or pulling on boots.
2. I am so sorry, I don’t know the source of the photo (if you know, let me know please!) but I love the clean white and the storage! It looks like we might be able to build something similar but smaller.
3. Cute entryway, I love the IKEA trones for shoes. I can’t find the version in white but maybe black will be ok?
4. I also like this key and mail storage from Granit, except we don’t need so many key holders. 
It’d be perfect if we could build something like in picture 2, especially storage wise. Thankfully, we won’t have to worry about our winter clothes for the next few months so it’s not needed right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment