Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

I think today is the last day the painter will be here. Which means that once the paint is dry I can move our kitchen back into the kitchen. Since Monday all of our kitchen supplies (dishes, glasses, food, etc) has been camping out in the dining area and living room which is also our bedroom... so it's felt a bit cluttered here. I was pretty bummed the first night since it was Valentine's Day and I had planned this lovely romantic dinner for G. Instead he made dinner! There was cursing and frustration but he made us dinner and that was probably one of the best gifts he could've given me!
The painter came back yesterday and I thought he'd be done. Nope. It's a three day process. So another night of having a non-kitchen. We got pizza!
I really don't want to complain because I know our kitchen is going to look awesome in white but I am a bit upset/annoyed about the fact that the company never told us this man was coming out on Monday until Monday and that they never said it was a three day process! I would've been more mentally prepared and probably cooked some meals ahead so we wouldn't have to frantically look around for plates and forks. Thankfully my schedule is flexible enough (ie: non-existant) that the painter can be here this week or else it would've been really interesting.
So today is supposedly the last day. I went to the grocery store this morning and bought my romantic foods and my fingers are crossed.

PS. The paint he is using today is super fumey. The past two days I haven't noticed a smell at all but today, wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment