Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

wishlist from granit

Today is the prettiest day yet. We had crazy, incredibly strong winds the past two days that I didn't want to leave the house. So I didn't. But today is just perfect. It's still cold but the sun is shining, there's a gentle breeze, and even though it's still so far away- spring feels close. I have two windows open right now and it's just so nice to get fresh air and not freeze!
I was out and about town on a mission today. I wanted to go window shopping at Granit to see if all the products I've coveted online are amazing in real life (they are!) and to buy some fun cards for various family members and friends back in the States. I also wanted to pick up a birthday present for my bff, Leslie, even though her birthday is today (we always send each other presents a few weeks/months later than the actual date) and a present for G since our two year wedding anniversary is coming up. Missions accomplished!

Since I spent a good amount of time at Granit and now that my wish list has grown even more, I thought I'd share some of the things I can't wait to get my grubby paws on! What I love about Granit is first that their shop always smells amazing. It's the only store I've found here that sells good smelling candles! And they only sell products in: white/cream, grey/metal, brown/tan, black, or a natural wood. These are all of my favorite colors so entering this store is like entering a candy shop for me, or better yet, a chocolate chip cookie shop!
Our hallway is a really weird size and we haven't been able to fit any of our shelves or tables there, so I think these letter boxes that hang on the wall would be perfect for mail and gloves/hats.
I think this would make a great bedside table. Yes. It would.
I would like a few of these boxes to hold all our bathroom supplies that don't fit in the medicine cabinet.
Since we have a glass shower wall and you can see everything in our shower,  I've started to realize how ugly most shampoo and soap bottles are. Unless I buy really lovely bottles to begin with, I think I'll switch our shower stuff over to plain unmarked bottles like the one on the right. They only come in plastic but I'm hoping to find a more sustainable alternative.
I hate most throw pillows I come across, but I like these. They have just enough pattern to be interesting but they aren't' too loud. I checked them out at the store, they're soft too!

I really want this! I think it'd look so awesome in our inglassed balcony!

Today at the store I only bought two things, a candle and two unmarked plastic bottles for the shower.
So what have I learned about myself today? I really like metal things, I wish I smelled like Granit, and I have a lot of saving up to do.

PS. All the photos are from Granit's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment