Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Entry Way Idea #1

Yesterday we started packing a bit. We have about 2.5 weeks until the move so it's time to get started. But not too much since we still have to live in our current place. So yesterday we packed up the records, the record player, a lot of books, and small breakable items. I also went through a few of our kitchen cabinets and wrapped our glassware, etc. So progress but thankfully we still have a ton of time.

I can't wait to see our new apartment again. My mind is blanking when it comes to decorating and I wish I had snapped a few photos when we were at the viewing. Oh and I found out that our current apartment is actually 63 meters squared (678 square feet) so we'll actually be gaining 2 extra meters with the new place. This whole time we thought it was 68, oops.

If I remember correctly, the whole new apartment is painted white except for the entryway and the bathroom. The bathroom has a dark greenish tile which we can do nothing about. It's not terrible, it's just how it is. But the entryway is a gross terra cotta color. Our new landlord said we could paint so that's definitely on the New Apartment To Do list. It's just what color?

The obvious answer is white but I've been thinking a lot and I realized the entryway is really the only area that could take a different color of paint. And while my usual decorating style is white walls with furniture in tans, greys, and blacks; I thought it might be fun to do something a bit different for the entry way.






































I love the colors in Gemma Ahren's apartment (photos from Design*Sponge). Especially the above picture with the charcoal greys, the hot pink, and the warm wood colors. I've always been way too scared to paint a room in a dark color here in Sweden since most of the months are grey and dark. But an entryway, well that could be dark....?
I'm thinking a wall color similar to the one above. We have a large teak framed mirror which would look awesome against dark paint. And maybe a dresser or a shelf below it for extra storage, keys, etc (honestly, I can't remember what all the hallway already has in it). And then I've been thinking about spray painting our shoe rack hot pink.
I'm not one for bright color but I think a hot pink shoe rack would be an unexpected and cheerful twist in my dramatic, imaginary hallway.

It's really hard to plan when I can't remember anything except for the ugly terra cotta walls. But it might just work.

No comments:

Post a Comment