Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

better

Sorry for the whiny post this morning. I had a bad Swedish day and felt (well, still feel) a bit overwhelmed. The easiness of the class seemed to only last the week before and now my head is swimming. I am also SO BAD at speaking that I work very hard at not talking to anyone in case they find out that I'm SO BAD. But I will get better, I will get more courage, and I'll stop trying to be a wallflower- because that's not who I am. At least not in English.
So I thought I'd post some recent photos from the iPhone, things that make me happy and confident feeling.

Dried lavender in the bedroom.
























The impromptu and awesome crayfish party we were invited last weekend. Everyone brought a quiche and we had four quiches, a pile of crayfish (none for me), a peach pie, and a lot of snaps.






















Lunch with my husband on campus. This is a photo of dessert, a shared Kex bar and some coffee.



















Sitting by the canal with my husband, enjoying the early autumn weather.

























I think tomorrow will be a less frustrating day.

1 comment:

  1. hi there ericka! its christina, u know, gillis friend. Christina Monsoon. I was just starting to read ur blogg a little bit today and I saw well these posts where ur a little bit low. I just want to say that u will manage this and u seem to be a strong girl, and u have a good husband beside you. But I do understand you, I felt a little bit like that now when I was in france this summer, and its really depressing when ur feeling like u dont dare to talk because ur feeling to bad.. But no one will ever blame you, or think about you as stupid if ur saying anything wrong remember that! Its really not easy to learn a new language and live in a new country. Its hard, but jsut keep going girl! U will make it! And if you would like to have anyone to talk to or have advice ( I think I might have some) its just to send a message! :) be well :) // Christina

    ReplyDelete