Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

tweet

I woke up with a headache this morning. That's not great. I'm hoping that coffee will remedy it.
Thankfully, today I have a day off! That means no school and was supposed to mean sleeping in but I woke up at 8:00.
Yesterday, I found out that I am officially accepted into my school! So congrats self.
I like being back at school. I like the classroom setting, using a pencil, taking notes. I do not like long, long days where my brain becomes so packed with information that I forget simple things like how to subtract (this actually happened). But it's a good class, a tough education, and I am almost certain that I can do it. How's that for motivation?

In other news, I'm now on twitter. I used to be on twitter- like last year... but that was back in the days before we got our iPhones so twitter felt kind of useless. Anyways, I thought I'd try it out again now that I have an internet phone. I have no idea how any of this works... like the #? What does that mean? I'm too young to be having a technical crisis right now.
You can follow me @fruette.

Off to do some wifely chores.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops, here's what i meant to post:

    yay twitter! it's ridiculous and fun.

    the # is a "hashtag", which basically creates a clickable link on twitter to where you can find other tweets mentioning that topic. like if i'm talking about the season premiere of Dexter or South by Southwest, i'd be like "yay season premiere! #dexter" or "can't wait to spend $89258 at #sxsw this year."

    one very commonly used tag is #fail, like "i spent $89258 at #sxsw this year. #fail"

    okay, that was longer and more convoluted than it needed to be.

    this site explains it much better than i can:
    http://www.techforluddites.com/2009/02/the-twitter-hash-tag-what-is-it-and-how-do-you-use-it.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaaahhh this makes so much more sense. i thought it was just kind of the theme of the tweet, which in a way, it kind of is... kinda. but it's like the labels for blogger!
    YAY! thank you!

    ReplyDelete