Pages

Saturday, August 21, 2010

time goes on

I know, I promised I'd write every day. But all of a sudden I got really busy and time flew by. It does that now. Time just goes by so fast the older and older you get. It's a bit scary.

I'll explain why I was so busy sometime next week, but until then... cross your finger (or hold your thumbs) for me!

In other news, my grandmother is doing better. They have figured out what has been ailing her and it seems like it's nothing that some strong medicine and rest can't fix. It was just really scary when they had no idea what was causing her to be in so much pain!
Thank you for the prayers and the good vibes.

And in other, other news... have I mentioned that we are going to New York at the end of September? I don't think so. But we are! And we are so excited!
My step-brother is getting married and they live in New York so my parents and family members will be there too!
New York is where G and I "re-met." We both met in Texas at college but then G had to go back to Sweden and we kept in touch for a year. And then finally we decided it'd be smart to re-meet to see if you know, if we'd work together. So we picked a week in July, hopped on our respective planes and met in New York.
It was a crazy, sweaty, humid, hot, dirty weekend. I had blisters on my feet after the very first day and it was too hot to wear make up or fix my hair. But for some reason G still liked me.
Looking back on it, it was a terribly crazy thing to do- to "re-meet" someone you haven't seen in a year in a city you barely know. But it worked for us and it was really special.
I'm excited about visiting New York in the fall, seeing my family again!, and being with G in the city where everything really really started.

No comments:

Post a Comment